We have one of the best teams around
Barron’s and the Financial Times have recognized Nolan Stokes and his team as one of the top financial advisors in the country four years running. Many thanks to our hardworking team here at Two Lights Private Wealth, our invaluable strategic partner Rob Robertory, and our incredible clients. Thank you all for partnering with us as we co-create the future, our future, together.
We are a team of seasoned professionals with over 100 years of combined industry experience in the financial services industry. We are credentialed, creative and dedicated to our clients' goals. We are backed by the strength and support of Northwestern Mutual, who has been serving clients and keeping promises since 1857.
Lauren joined Two Lights Private Wealth in 2011 and specializes in developing long-term, planning relationships. With over a decade of experience, she strives every day as a fiduciary to help clients understand their finances and in turn live more fulfilling, prosperous lives. She wants to ensure her clients sleep well at night.
Lauren earned a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. Additionally, she holds her Virginia Life, Health, Long-term Care, and Variable Annuity licenses as well as the FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities licenses. Lauren is also a two-time winner of the “Commitment to Excellence Award” for her passion and dedication to the quality of her work, her peers, and the service she delivers to clients. Lauren has also been a guest speaker at Northwestern Mutual’s Wealth Management Symposium for the top 250 practices in the United States, speaking on Executive Compensation and Social Security, Medicare, and Health Insurance planning. She focuses on advanced financial planning and building new client relationships.
Of the many areas Lauren advises upon, as an equity compensation expert, she has helped many C-suite executives sell off well over $150M of company specific stock. And as a health insurance expert, has helped dozens of clients navigate the nuances of health insurance pre-and-post retirement. She is nationally recognized in both of these planning areas.
Lauren grew up in Lehigh Valley, PA. She is a graduate of Millersville University with an honors degree in Quantitative Economics and minors in Finance and Math. She lives in Aldie, VA with her husband Alex, their daughters Norah and Vera, and their Boston Terrier, Ruby. Outside of work, Lauren enjoys cooking, exercising, gardening, arts and music.
How can Lauren help you?
- She helps you define your vision and provides a road map to get you there
- She oversees the development of your long-term financial plan
- She conducts annual planning reviews and is readily available to assist with planning needs in between
- She ensures investment assets are managed per goals laid out in your long-term financial plan
- She can advise on all financial planning topics and specializes in the following advanced planning areas:
- Retirement Planning, Distribution and Benefits
- Health Insurance and Medicare
- Social Security
- Executive Compensation Plans
- Multi-generational Planning
- Education Planning
- Insurance Planning
- She manages Fee-based planning cases
- She assists clients with emotional and stressful needs such as Long Term Care claims, changes stemming from family deaths or divorce, and debt management
JP joined Two Lights Private Wealth in 2015 and focuses on building long-term planning relationships with clients and collaborating with them to achieve their goals. He brings over a decade of personal finance experience to the Two Lights Team and holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation, actively embracing the ethical standards that require him to always put his clients' interests first, along with the Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®) designation, a deeper exploration of the knowledge required to build comprehensive retirement income plans that address income needs and other financial goals.
Additionally, he is Virginia Life, Health, Long-term Care, and Variable Annuity licensed and is a registered securities professional holding the FINRA Series 7, 6, 65 and 63 licenses. He specializes in the Charitable Giving and Estate Planning space and has presented Conference Sessions on Charitable Giving / Donor Advised Funds and Sustainable (ESG) Investing.
JP grew up in Montgomery County, Maryland and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from University of Maryland University College. JP resides in the serene paradise of Reston, Virginia with his Fiancée, Rachel. Outside of work, he enjoys reading, attending concerts, rooting for the Capitals, Phillies, and Commanders, spending time with friends and family (especially his nieces and nephew) and paddle boarding on Lake Thoreau (a favorite of Rachel’s).
How can JP help you?
- He oversees development of your long-term financial plan
- He onboards new Wealth Management clients
- He helps ensure all assets are managed to the goals laid out in your long-term plan
- He conducts new client meetings and annual planning reviews
- He embraces our motto of “no struggling” and travels to client households to notarize documents (VA & MD notary), sign paperwork, pick up rollover checks and review advanced planning topics
- He advises on all financial planning topics and specializes in the following advanced planning areas:
- Cash Flow Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Sustainable Investing
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Distribution Planning
- Charitable Giving Planning
- Multi-generational Planning
Brian has worked alongside Nolan since 2006 and specializes in investments. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) certificant and has earned the Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) designations. He is currently working on other professional designations. Additionally, he holds his FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24 securities licenses. Brian is committed to providing you with top-tier service every day. He focuses primarily on investments and portfolio management and the day to day operational procedures involved.
Brian grew up in Delaware and is a graduate of Elon University, majoring in Finance and minoring in Accounting. He and his family reside in Northern Virginia and Holly Ridge, NC.
How can Brian help you?
- He oversees strategic portfolio management (investment trading, rebalancing, cash reserve and replenishment)
- He manages distribution strategies and tax implications, coordinating with client’s CPAs
- He manages interim cash flow needs (incoming and outgoing)
- He develops portfolio asset allocations, investment strategies, and liquidations strategies
- He processes rollovers and transfers of assets
- He advises on asset allocations and rebalancing of outside accounts such as 401(k) Plans and 529 Plans
Katie has been with the practice since 2017. She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certificate. Additionally, she holds her FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities licenses, and her Virginia Life, Health, and Variable Annuity licenses. Katie is committed to providing you with top-tier service every day. She focuses primarily on operations and also assists with financial planning and the day-to-day logistics.
Katie is a graduate of George Mason University, majoring in Government and International Politics and minoring in Psychology. A former military and government brat, she is from nowhere in particular. She and her spastic rescue pup currently reside in Chesterfield, VA. Outside of work, Katie enjoys an eclectic variety of hobbies and is always looking for something new to try.
How can Katie help you?
- She opens, processes, and services new and existing investment accounts
- She processes account transfers and assists with account rollovers
- She assists with asset moment to include ACHs, wires, journals, checks, distributions, and Roth conversions
- She assists Brian with advisory and brokerage trades
- She can develop and update financial plans (Personal Planning Analysis), generate scenarios, and run stress tests to provide analysis for clients
- She can assist clients with an analysis of cash flow needs and the development of a cash flow system in retirement
- She can assist clients with information and operations for insurance and billing accounts
Harry joined the practice in October 2020. In that time, he has obtained his VA Life, Health and Variable Annuity licenses as well as his FINRA SIE and Series 7 securities licenses. Harry is currently in the process of obtaining his Certified Financial Planner professional designation. Harry focuses primarily on preparing financial plans, meeting agendas and meeting summaries for clients. Harry works closely with JP and assists JP with his clients.
Harry is a graduate of the National University of Ireland Galway and holds a BA in Economics and Politics. Harry moved to the USA from Ireland in 2011. Harry lives in Lake Ridge, VA with his wife Nyssa and their daughters Chloe and Harper. Outside of work Harry has an eclectic mix of interests and hobbies including cooking, playing golf, watching rugby and spending time chasing his daughters around!
Katie joined the Two Lights Private Wealth family in October of 2021. She holds the Wealth Management Certified Professional (WMCP®) designation, as well as the Series 7 and Series 63 securities registrations with FINRA. In addition, she holds Life, Health, Long-term Care, and Variable Annuity licenses.
Katie earned a Bachelor's degree from Haverford College, majoring in Political Science with a focus in Business Ethics, and remains the college record holder for the mile and 800 meter runs. Katie is a proud native of Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. She and her husband, Lee, live in Old Town Alexandria with their son Jack and golden retriever, Kira. Katie enjoys traveling the globe and recently (pre-Covid) traveled to South Africa, Zimbabwe, and India.
Kim, a Northern Virginia native, joined Northwestern Mutual in 2010. She lives in Fairfax with her husband Mike and their two sons. When she’s not at her home in Fairfax, she’s enjoying her time in Cherry Grove, South Carolina. Kim provides client services and administrative support.
Barb is an Ohio native but now calls Warrenton, VA home. She is married to Mike and they have two daughters. In her free time, Barb enjoys cooking, gardening, and spending time outdoors. She joined Northwestern Mutual in 2017 and provides insurance and client services.
Nolan received his Bachelor of Science (BS) magna cum laude in Finance from American University in Washington DC. After graduating from AU Nolan ran multiple businesses including several start-ups he built from the ground up. With over a decade of business experience under his belt, Nolan joined Northwestern Mutual in 2002 and over the past two decades has built a wealth management team that regularly achieves the highest honors across the financial services industry; Two Light Private Wealth is ranked as one of the top 20 Wealth Management Advisory practices of the over 6500 advisors within Northwestern Mutual. Nolan focuses on building long-term relationships based on transparency, partnership and alignment.
He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professional and has earned the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), Chartered Advisor for Senior Living (CASL®), and Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) designations. Additionally, he holds his Virginia Life, Health, Long-term Care, and Variable Annuity licenses as well as the FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities licenses.
Nolan focuses on advanced financial planning and excels at distilling complex financial situations into digestible, actionable plans for high-net-worth clientele. Nolan brings decades of expertise and wisdom to our clients as they make significant life choices. Through our Trust Alliance Program (TAP) Nolan has been written into the estate plans of many clients to help maintain long-term, multi-generational continuity for future generations.
Nolan grew up in Washington DC, rural WV and McLean, VA. He and his wife of 27 years, Kathy, live on Lake Barcroft in Falls Church, VA and summer in southern Maine. Outside of work, Nolan enjoys cooking, moto adventuring around the world, kayaking, hiking and fishing.
Rob, a lifelong Virginia native, started practice in 1989 after earning an Engineering degree and MBA in Finance from Virginia Tech. He lives in Fairfax Station with his wife of 28 years, Paige, and their two children, Bailey and Lauren.
In 1994, Rob earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification which outlines the fiduciary standards that guide him to always serve the clients’ best interest.
In 2004, Rob earned The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation which is a globally recognized credential in the investment management profession.
In 2005, Rob earned a Master of Science in Financial Planning.
Rob advises on all financial planning topics and specializes in the following advanced planning areas:
• Retirement Planning
• Estate Planning
• Insurance Planning
• Savings systems and strategies for retirement
• Financial Planning
• Guiding clients to achieve their financial and life goals